Friday, October 16, 2009

Big Boy Bed

Today we graduated Jameson up to a big bed. It was Uncle Caleb's bed, in fact. We had been hyping it up all week, reading stories about big beds, talking about everyone who sleeps in big beds, looking at new big bed sheets. When Grandma and Grandpa pulled up with the bed in the truck, Jameson was already at the door and jumped all the way down the sidewalk.

Photos on facebook link: (it works even if you don't have an account)

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=325622&id=904445639&l=b171b2deb8


Grandpa and Dad set it up, we put on some old sheets. After Jameson started getting fussy, Nathan laid down with him and got him to take a nap. We put the crib mattress on the floor just in case, and to make the crib unusable (or it looks that way to him, at least)

I was a little apprehensive about putting him down for the night, but it went well. I showed him how to get under the sheet, gave him his blankies and we read a lot of stories. I gave him his flashlight when I turned out the light and told him to stay in his big boy bed. And he did! No talking, no crying!

But now, a few hours later, I just had a fun little scare. I've been cleaning with headphones on, went down the hall and saw Jameson's door wide open. I glanced into his bed, empty. Look in my bed, bathroom, he's not out here. I've been going in and out of the house with compost, trash, where could he be?

Then I see Jasmine sauntering out of his room.

So I go in to take a closer look. He is in his bed, piled under blankets, with his head up in the corner. There is a bit of a gap between the bed and wall, but he has crammed several stuffed animals down there, so the bed is extended just right. And his flashlight is on.

No comments: