Saturday, May 9, 2009

New Camera!

(Note: If there is a picture of a fudge pan up there, I'm sorry. Wasn't supposed to be there, and it won't go away)

I know that Mother's Day isn't until tomorrow, but Nathan decided to give me a present today. He gave the bag to Jameson to bring to me, and Jameson came trotting into the room saying "show mama show mama".

It was a new camera! It's very nice, and has a "moving child" mode. I didn't get a chance to try it out before Jameson went to sleep, but I snuck into his room just now.


I had a big moment the other day with Jameson and Nathan. Nathan was about to get into the shower, and Jameson was finishing dinner, ready for a bath. So Nathan asks if Jameson wants to take a shower. He very enthusiastically says "Yes!"

So Nathan goes into the bathroom and starts the water, Jameson follows him, and I grab an extra towel for them. I start to walk into the bathroom with them, but Jameson grabs the door and starts to close it. I know the game - Jameson loves to play "close the door on mommy". He closes it, he laughs, I knock, he laughs, I open the door, he laughs. But it doesn't go that way this time.

I ask, "Do I not need to be in here?"

"No."

Door shut.

No laughing.

My little boy is going to take a shower with daddy, and I don't need to be there.

Granted, Jameson started screaming within a minute of getting into the shower. But still. My little boy is growing up.

No comments: