Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Socks

We spent the afternoon driving around picking up things for Nathan since he leaves in a week, and we found ourselves near a mall. I was driving, and Nathan and I were talking, when Jameson asked, "What's that in tree?"

I wasn't sure which tree he was referring to, and I was trying to listen to Nathan, so I didn't pay think too much about it until he answered his own question. "It's a sock!"

A few seconds later it hit me what he had said. "Jameson, did you just say there is a sock in the tree?"

"Yep!"

Nathan started laughing, more at the look on my face than his response. Nathan knew exactly what he was talking about, and told him that they were, in fact, socks.

Then I saw them. Big, red, sparkly socks with fake candy sticking out. I tried to explain the term "stocking", but was laughing too hard. Socks, they are.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's hilarious!

I used to think stockings were just fancy candy bags shaped like feet (which, I guess, they are!).