Friday, September 19, 2008

I Missed My Deadline

This post is part of the mo' babies online shower.


------------

One week after Jameson was born, the Simpsons movie came out and Nathan went to see it with Christopher. His wife, Heather, stayed with me, and we insisted they bring us back In-N-Out Burger.

Heather has always been great with kids, but we knew we needed to start training Christopher. So he held tiny little Jameson.


He tried to hold tiny little Jameson, but had a hard time keeping him from falling. And Heather offered him a french fry.

They had their own baby last week, and it was my goal to get over there and hold the baby incorrectly and try to feed it a steak, but I missed the one week mark. I have been able to go hold that little baby curled in a little ball, stroke the tiny hands clenched so tight in fists, and hear those kitten-like cries. I missed all of those things so much, and am so grateful that I got to experience them again, although I know there little one is going to grow up just as fast as mine did.

2 comments:

Motherhood Uncensored said...

Thanks so much for joining in!

GIRL'S GONE CHILD said...

Aw!!! Teeny little baby! I love when they get all scrunched up like that... too cute!