Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Outside

Jameson really likes his swing. He got to swing and watch me yesterday as I put in a new mini patio for the grill.


It took me three days to dig out about 4" of dirt, then one day to do the rest. I put down sand, then started laying the stones.

100_6096

To get the stones the right size to do the edging, I had to make a lot of noise with the hammer. I was afraid Jameson would be scared, but he just sat on his blanket and and laughed.

100_6103

Close-up of the stones after washing them down to set the sand. I was surprised that the designs are oriented differently on some stones. These stones were all over the yard when we moved in, but I never looked at them too closely until now.

100_6112

I left the camera running on Jameson while I worked. He talked to the trees, to the birds, to his hand. He's getting very vocal!



The garden is growing. Look at those tomatoes!


The corn looks like it's about to do something interesting.


And the basil I pinched back is growing like mad. I'm going to steal some more of it for tonight's dinner. I planted some new seeds and should have more basil plants soon!

No comments: