Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Trash

One of Jamesons new words a few weeks ago was "trash". He first applied the term to the trash cans at home, then discovered the ones in the park. Then he realized that the things we put in those cans are also called trash. This week he even started picking up little things off the floor and bringing them to me, and telling me it is trash. It's been nice, and a good motivator to keep the floors clean.

But today he went too far. I grilled chicken for dinner, and gave Jameson some green beans and cheese. The cheese disappeared right away, of course, and he ate the chicken, but he refused to touch the green beans.


He's been very stubborn on the vegetable issue of late, so I really pushed him to eat tonight. Every time I put a green bean in his mouth, he would spit it out. And then say "trash". I corrected him, but he was insistent. I think I managed to sneak two beans in, hiding them with a piece of chicken.


He is getting much better with the fork. He prefers to use his hands, and sometimes the fork gets in the way.


Not that end, silly boy!

No comments: